Quality Inspection Blog
1.The rush production. When factory delayed the shipment again and again, it seems that they experienced the rush production. For the rush production , the quality is unstable. The production deadline is too short and the factory run the production in rush then may have quality issue. In China, if production to be arranged before the Spring Festival , the workers 'mind are coming to home, this is highly risk period for the production.
2. Limit production capacity. If the limited production capacity then the factory will subcontract partial production to other factories. At this case, the production will be unstable due to the more complex of production management system. Highly risk rate for the subcontracting. The subcontracting is very common for your supply chain and you even did not know where to run your production. The hidden risk for the most buyers cannot detect. If you placed the big quantity order, the buyers can arrange early inspection to detect if any subcontracting.
3. Outsourced the key production process. For some small factories, they outsource some key production process such silk printing process/coating process. Due to the most factories did not arrange manpower to follow the outsourced production process, the key production process will be highly risk.
4. New suppliers. Misunderstanding about the quality standard will cause the new suppliers to overlook some points but the client requested to meet. If you select new suppliers, please take more time to follow up. If your organization short of manpower, you can hire the agent to follow up the production. It is better to arrange the audit for your new supplier even you get all positive image before the official cooperation. Real investigation will help you to make right decision.
5. New design and new product. For the new design product, the production may more process than the standard production process. You need confirm all product details with your suppliers. Both You and your supplier will overlook something to affect the product quality. One client they have new design of product. Initially they sent the packed product for ISTA-3A testing and got the certificate. Lately they revised the product structure and finally affect the packing method. Finally their product have packing issue and failed on site master carton drop test.
6. Inspection cannot fix everything. Please forget who tell you the inspection can help you to fix all risks related to the production in Asia. Inspection just as one tool to help you to find out if the product meet your specification or standard. In the real world, sometimes you still need to ship the bad quality of product. If you need good quality of product, you would better to be systematic to consider the wholly process instead of simple inspection.